Chinese mahogany leaves are colorful, nutritious, and delicious! Among the many different vegetarian dishes, Chinese fried rice with mahogany is one of the most popular.
4 small packages of Jing Si instant rice
2 cups of sticky rice
20 Chinese mahogany leaves
10 Chinese mushrooms
5-6 teaspoons of crushed ginger
1 teaspoon of soy sauce
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
1 teaspoon of Jing Si vegan seasoning powder (preserved cabbage flavor)
- Soak the sticky rice for 5-6 hours. Drain, and cook.
- Pour 5,600 cc of hot water over the instant rice, cover, and wait 20 minutes until it’s cooked.
- Mix the sticky rice and the instant rice.
- Clean the Chinese mahogany leaves, removing the stems. Blanch with boiled water, then shock with cold water to keep the leaves green. Drain, and mince.
- Soak the Chinese mushrooms, then cut into thin slices.
- Sauté the Chinese mushrooms, and place aside.
- Sauté the mashed ginger, then add in the Chinese mahogany leaves and Chinese mushroom. Turn off heat, and add in the instant rice and sticky rice. Stir in other ingredients, adding soy sauce and vegan seasoning powder. Finally, add sesame oil.
Blanching Chinese mahogany leaves can reduce the nitrite salt in them.
Chinese mahogany leaves can be chopped, placed in cans, and kept in the freezer.
Mashed ginger can increase the fragrance of instant rice, and also improve one’s metabolism.
Sticky rice can add to the texture of food.