Learn about the Very Veggie Movement
Each Very Veggie Recipe Submission utilizes Jing Si Instant Rice — which was developed thanks to the venerable Dharma Master Cheng Yen, the founder of the Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation. Versatile, convenient, and delicious, Jing Si Instant Rice was designed so that in an hour of great need, Tzu Chi volunteers can provide a straightforward and nutritious source of relief.
As easy to make as they are delicious, these veggie burritos make a great meal all on their own! Packed with lots of protein from tofu and beans, this mouth-watering dish is sure to satisfy your mid-afternoon cravings. Credit for this recipe goes to Cupertino High School student, Selina Juang!
1 Bag of Jing Si instant rice
1 Pack of tofu
1 Can of beans of your choosing
- Empty Jing Si instant rice into a large bowl.
- Boil 800 cc (3 ⅓ cups) water in a pot.
- Pour hot water into the bowl and stir.
- Place a lid on the bowl and keep covered for 20 minutes.
- Dice tofu into small cubes.
- Stir-fry tofu with a pinch of salt on medium heat until golden brown.
- Dice one tomato.
- Warm up tortillas on low heat.
- Place all ingredients on the tortilla.
- Wrap up your burrito, and enjoy!
A Message From the Chef
“I hope these videos will inspire people from a variety of backgrounds to consume more vegetarian meals, further improving the health of our planet Earth one step at a time,” said Selina, who has also joined the Very Veggie Movement.