This healthy salad is loaded with lots of fun toppings! Roasted chickpeas and asparagus are nutrient-packed vegetables. They both are a rich source of fiber and vitamins and offer a variety of health benefits. Chickpeas also are high in protein and make an excellent replacement for meat in vegetarian diets. Blending up with mixed green, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, avocado and citrus vinaigrette adds tons of flavor and is super filling!
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
4 bundle of asparagus
Nuts & Raisins
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ Paprika
1 ½ teaspoons garlic salt
- First, dry the chickpeas as much as possible. Toss them with garlic salt, paprika and olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Arrange the chickpeas dry on a single layer in the oven tray. Add paprika and garlic salt. Bake them for 35 minutes. Chickpeas are done when they are crispy and golden brown.
- Add salt and olive oil to the asparagus in a different oven tray. Also bake them for 25 minutes.
- Dice the cherry tomatoes, cucumber and avocado.
- In a big bowl, toss the arugula and spinach, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, roasted chickpeas, nuts and raisins. Mix until well combined.
- Prepare the seasoning. In a small bowl, add salt, black pepper, vinegar, olive oil and a lime and an orange squeezed. Stir it up!
- Serve in individual bowls. Add the mozzarella and asparagus on the top.
- Pour the seasoning and enjoy!