Learn about the Very Veggie Movement
Sizzlers are a very popular appetizer. There are numerous options for vegetarian alternatives, such as the Campillo’s sizzling. A delicious platter of colorful vegetables served with an egg-topped avocado twist. The vegetables are cooked while keeping their crunch intact. The tomato sauce poured on top adds to the flavor of rich goodness that will leave you grabbing the hot plate.
2 garlic cloves
1 Spinach bundle
- Wash and dry all vegetables. First, cut 3 tomatoes in small dices and 2 garlic cloves in slices.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a regular pot. Toss the garlic slices until golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes. Stir it adding salt and cover the pot. Simmer the mix 30 minutes at low heat
- In a medium pan, heat a large drizzle of olive oil and sauté the veggies. Add the sliced shallot, leek, scallion and carrot stirring frequently until tender, about 15 minutes
- Add the spinach to the mix and stir it for another 5 minutes. The mix is ready!
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees
- In a sizzling platter, toss the mix uniformly leaving two gaps in the center. Cut and avocado in a half and put both halves in the holes with the avocado holes facing up.
- Carefully spoon 1 egg yolk into the avocado hole. Continue spooning egg white into the hole until full. Repeat with remaining egg yolk, egg white, and avocado.
- Season the eggs with black pepper.
- Place the sizzling platter in the oven and bake until eggs are cooked about 6 minutes or to taste.
- Bring the sizzling dish to the table and enjoy it!