Seasoned to deliver a mouthwatering and savory kick and baked in the oven, these cauliflower steaks served up with homemade hummus, a side of rice, and yummy spinach, are as filling as they are delicious!
1 large head of cauliflower
1 tbsp olive oil
¼ cup hummus (instructions on homemade as well)
Dry roasted peanuts
¾ cup of jasmine rice
Cilantro (for garnish)
2 15 ounces can garbanzo beans (or 1 29 ounces can)
¼ cup tahini
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp ground cumin
½ cup olive oil
1 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut off the cauliflower stems and remove leaves. Place the head cut-side down and slice in ¾ to 1 inch thick steaks
- Place on an oven-safe pan and drizzle with olive oil. Season with ground pepper, season salt, garlic powder, ground turmeric, and cayenne pepper. Bake 20 to 25 min.
- In a small pot, combine rice with 1¼ cup water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, about 15 minutes, and then turn off the heat and keep covered.
- Serve on a bed of rice and spinach, place cooked cauliflower steaks on top and garnish with hummus, peanuts, and cilantro.
- Rinse garbanzo beans with cool water in the sink
- Put the garbanzo beans, tahini, olive oil, cumin, and garlic into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Add salt and continue to blend until desired consistency.