Try this creamy, garlicky pasta that features a kick of color from red bell peppers, and a nourishing boost of vitamins B and C.
1 red bell pepper
2 green scallions
2 cloves of garlic
Fettuccine (or pasta of choice)
2 tbsp cream cheese
2 tbsp sour cream
¼ cup of parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and adjust the rack to top position.
- Wash and dry all produce. Cut the red pepper in half and remove the stem and seeds.
- Trim and chop scallions, separate the whites from the greens.
- Place bell pepper on a baking pan, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place peeled garlic cloves on a small piece of foil, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Clinch foil into a packet and place it on the baking sheet. Roast 20-25 minutes until the bell pepper is charred and garlic is soft.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to boil, add pasta and reduce heat. Cook until soft and drain excess water. Reserve ¼ cup of water from the pasta.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a medium pan. Add scallion whites and cook until softened. Add ¼ cup of excess pasta water and ¼ cup veggie stock. Add cream cheese, sour cream, and a helping of Parmesan. Add 1 tbsp of butter and stir until smooth.
- Once bell peppers and garlic are done baking, thinly slice the bell pepper and mash the garlic with a fork.
- Add bell pepper and garlic to sauce and stir; cook 1-2 minutes at a simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add sauce to pasta and serve. Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with scallion greens and Parmesan.