Learn about the Very Veggie Movement
Gazpacho is the ultimate summer Spanish soup, from the southern region of Andalusia. Unbelievably fresh, healthy, and delicious, especially recommended during the hot summer months. This is the original recipe although there are hundreds of gazpacho variations out there. Gazpacho is raw, therefore the quality of the ingredients is essential, especially the tomatoes. Fresh and juicy tomatoes are mandatory. It keeps in the fridge for 4-5 days so you can keep refreshed with it for the whole week.
4 lb Tomatoes
¾ Green Pepper
¾ Red Pepper
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp of Vinegar
3tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Fill a pot halfway full of water, set over high heat, and bring to a boil. Drop the tomatoes into the boiling water for 1 minute. Remove and transfer to an ice bath and allow to cool until able to handle. Then, peel the tomatoes
- Roughly chop a cucumber, ½ green pepper, ½ red pepper, half onion, and a garlic clove.
- Place all the vegetables, including the tomatoes into a blender. Puree until smooth. Test, if the gazpacho is too thick, add a little bit of water and blend again until you reach desired consistency
- Cover and refrigerate it for several hours.
- Before serving, prepare the toppings. Chop into bite-size pieces or smaller ⅓ of Green Pepper, ⅓ of Red Pepper, and ½ of onion.
- Serve in a bowl and stir in the olive oil, vinegar, and salt.
- Add toppings, including croutons, and enjoy!
- Some people remove the seeds of the tomatoes, It depends on your texture preference.
- You can be as creative with the toppings as you wish.
- Gazpacho tastes better chilled overnight. Use your best extra-virgin olive.