Let this chunky, herby Italian soup warm up your week. It’s perfect for when you need a nourishing pick-me-up that makes the best of a well-stocked pantry.
12 oz pasta
3-5 cups low sodium vegetable broth
4 stalks celery
2 cups of baby carrots halved
1 can cannellini beans
2 tbsp olive oil
½ onion, diced
1 tsp minced garlic (about 4 cloves)
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
¾ tsp paprika
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp Italian seasoning mix (thyme, rosemary, oregano, basil)
- In a large pot, cook onions in olive oil until translucent.
- Add carrots, celery, and garlic to the pot. Sprinkle about ⅓ of the salt and pepper on vegetables and cook for about 25 minutes on medium heat.
- Add cannellini beans, vegetable broth, paprika, sage, and Italian seasoning. Add remaining salt and pepper.
- Let soup simmer, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours.
- Cook noodles according to directions. Keep separate and serve with soup. Garnish with breadcrumbs and enjoy!