Eggplant can be an intimidating fruit but with this recipe, you won’t have any excuse to add it to your diet. The eggplant is a great source of vitamins and minerals and adding the quinoa is a perfect match due to the additional fiber and protein it adds to the dish. Enjoy his sweet and savory flavors topped with Parmesan cheese, perfect dish for a family dinner!
5 Scallion (A bundle)
⅓ lb Shiitake mushrooms
⅓ lb Oyster mushrooms
- Add ¼ of Quinoa to a small pot and then ½ water. Use twice as much water as quinoa. Boil it for 15 minutes until the quinoa has absorbed all the water.
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees. Cut eggplant in half lengthwise and with the tip of a knife, score the flesh deeply making a grid.
- Place the eggplant in a baking tray with the skin side down. Brush each piece with olive oil. Bake it for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saute pan heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Cook 2 carrots, ½ leek and 5 scallions, all in slices. Add Salt. Once it’s half cooked, add Shiitake and Oyster mushrooms to the pan and sauté all together.
- Remove the eggplants from the oven and empty them out with a spoon, leaving a thick shell.. We add them to the previous mix in order to cook everything together a pair of minutes. Finally we add the quinoa to the mix.
- Fill the skin eggplants with the mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese. Place them again in the oven tray and bake it 30 minutes at 430 degrees or until Parmesan is au gratin. Serve and enjoy!