An American comfort food classic, macaroni and cheese (mac n cheese) feature bite-sized pasta and a creamy cheese sauce. This version features vegan ‘cheez,’ but trust us: you won’t tell the difference.
12 oz box pasta
1 cup cashews
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons lemon juice
4-6 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1 tbsp salt
1 cup non-dairy milk
2 tbsp onion diced
1/4 tsp black pepper
Fresh parsley garnish
- Soak cashews in water for about 2 hours.
- Cook pasta according to directions, set aside.
- Blend cashews, water, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, pepper, paprika, turmeric, onion, mustard powder, and salt in a food processor until smooth.
- Add non-dairy milk into a pot on low heat. Slowly add and stir cheez mixture.
- Add pasta to cheese sauce and stir.
- Serve with fresh parsley garnish.