Spinning the classic Italian meatball on its head, we present you veggie balls! Perfectly crunchy on the outside, warm and soft on the inside, these are sure to be a dinnertime hit.
12 oz of potatoes
6 oz string beans
1 sprig of parsley
6 oz carrots
1 medium zucchini
3½ oz parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic
- Boil the potatoes for about 45 minutes in salted water. Peel while hot, mash, and set aside.
- Wash well and cut leek, carrots, string beans, and zucchini thinly. Chop parsley.
- Heat a pan with some olive oil and brown the garlic.
- Add the slices of leek and brown them for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add the string beans, cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, salt, and pepper at your discretion, and cook on medium-high for about 10 minutes. Then, let cool down on the side
- In a bowl, add to the potatoes: parmesan, 2 eggs, the browned vegetables, and the parsley. Add salt and pepper to your taste. Mix thoroughly with a fork or your hands if the fork doesn’t do the trick.
- Take little chunks for the mix and make little balls or disks of a couple of inches of diameter.
- Dip them in the remaining egg, then in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat a pan with half an inch or little less of sesame oil at medium heat. Then add the veggie balls and fry for about 10 minutes on each side.
- Dry them with some paper towel to remove the excess oil. Serve and enjoy!