Each Very Veggie Recipe Submission utilizes Jing Si Instant Rice — which was developed thanks to the venerable Dharma Master Cheng Yen, the founder of the Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation. Versatile, convenient, and delicious, Jing Si Instant Rice was designed so that in an hour of great need, Tzu Chi volunteers can provide a straightforward and nutritious source of relief.
Vitemenese summer rolls are a refreshing — and delicious — alternative to your regular fried rolls. These spring rolls are stuffed with tofu and veggies, boast a strong source of protein, and are great as an appetizer on a summer’s day.
1 Bag of Jing Si instant rice
1 Pack of rice paper
2 Tbsp Jing Si Multi-Grain Instant Mix
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Pack of tofu
- Prepare Jing Si instant rice by following the instructions provided on the package.
- Slice and saute all ingredients (tofu, carrots, cucumbers).
- Combine Jing Si Multi-Grain Instant Mix and sugar in a 2:1 ratio.*
- Dip both sides of the rice paper into water.
- Fill rice paper with rice, followed by all other ingredients.
- Wrap, and enjoy!
*You can add the multi-grain instant mix with sugar to add more flavor to the dish.
A Message From the Chef
Tara Wu, a senior at Prospect High school in San Jose, California, created this video showing us how to make the delightful recipe. She is a great advocate for vegetarianism, and told us that, “With the second surge of COVID-19, it is more important to keep up our healthy diets at home, but also decrease our carbon footprint by eating fewer animals.”